Airbag Wiring Problem

can anyone provide me with a picture of the back of a 2006 lexus gs300 airbag. i need to see the colors of the wire and how they are wired to the airbag. recently, my airbag deployed and i just got a new one but the colors on the wire don't match up. any help would be great.

Generally, you can't safely just "replace" a deployed airbag. Often, other parts need to be replaced as well. For instance, the spiral cable or "clock spring" as it is sometimes called is required to be replaced after a deployment. Many people disregard this requirement, but is is noted in the service data from Lexus and virtually every other automobile manufacturer.

As well, whichever sensor or combination of sensors caused the deployment may also need to be replaced. You will likely find that even after replacement, you might have the airbag light on. This will require a scantool to find what other parts need attention.

As far as the wiring colors not matching: If the colors, number of, or positions of the wires in the connector on the replacement bag do not match the original, it is likely not the correct airbag. Although it is possible that the replacement (if it was sourced from Lexus) may have different colors but should be a direct, correct replacement.

Perhaps you could give us more information on your situation?

Generally, you can't safely just "replace" a deployed airbag. Often, other parts need to be replaced as well. For instance, the spiral cable or "clock spring" as it is sometimes called is required to be replaced after a deployment. Many people disregard this requirement, but is is noted in the service data from Lexus and virtually every other automobile manufacturer.

As well, whichever sensor or combination of sensors caused the deployment may also need to be replaced. You will likely find that even after replacement, you might have the airbag light on. This will require a scantool to find what other parts need attention.

As far as the wiring colors not matching: If the colors, number of, or positions of the wires in the connector on the replacement bag do not match the original, it is likely not the correct airbag. Although it is possible that the replacement (if it was sourced from Lexus) may have different colors but should be a direct, correct replacement.

Perhaps you could give us more information on your situation?

my driver airbag didn't come with connectors when i purchase it. instead of replacing the whole clockspring, i purchase connectors for the airbag so now i need to know which color wire goes with which connector. if anyone can provide a picture of the back of their driver airbag with the wires then my problem will be solved. thanks for any help

It is not legal to splice, makeshift, or modify any airbag wiring or connector in any vehicle in the USA or elsewhere. If ever you were going to do something right, one of the most important safety systems in a vehicle, the SRS system, is a good place to start.

Furthermore, modifying the wiring can change the resistance of the circuit. This in turn, can cause problems with the airbag self-check and the airbag lamp may come on. Remember, whenever the lamp is on, the airbags will not deploy.

Good advice would be to get the proper, prewired airbag/clockspring and whatever else you need to put your car back together properly; no wiring necessary. This is not the place to save a buck. If you ever have the occasion to meet your airbag face-to-face, as I have, you'll be damn glad it works when you need it most.