Replacement For Stock Alternator...

HHawk

First, let me say hi guys, I am new to this forum (at least the US version of Lexus Owners Club). :)

I'll make this as short as possible...

I currenlt have a custom sound system in my car, with the following specs:

- Original (Lexus) HUD and amplifier

- Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2

- Front Tweeters: 1 pair of Scan-Speak D2904/6000

- Front Woofers: 1 pair Seas W18NX-001

- JL Audio 450/4 amplifier

- JL Audio 1000/1 amplifier

- 2 SoundSplinter RLp-12 subwoofers

- LA Storm 50 Farad capacitator

- Standard Lexus Battery + Optima Yellowtop battery

- Cables, etc...

Anyways, since I have just ordered another JL Audio 1000/1 amplifier, I starting to think I will be going to experience some electric difficulties with the stock alternator.

My Lexus is a Lexus IS 220d (yes Diesel, it's more common in Europe then in the USA) and I think the stock alternator is 120A or something similar. Now I was wondering, since you guys in the USA know a lot more (and thus are better experienced) about high quality sound systems, if you can recommend me where to get a stronger alternator, to replace the stock alternator.

I already tried Google to find a few High Output (HO) alternators, but so far they cannot provide a high output alternator for my Lexus IS 220d.

So hopefully one of you guys can provide me, the much needed, help with my search...

I already asked for help on the European forums, but they think I am nuts (or don't want to help me out)...

Thanks in advance guys!

I already asked for help on the European forums, but they think I am nuts (or don't want to help me out)...

Hmmm.. you also need to know there are quite a lot of us from the European forum on here also, so be wary of your comments. I cannot recall you asking for the information on the UK forum...we are usually more than helpful.