Power Doors

:cries: Does anyone ever had this problem, I can`t open nor lock the driver`s door with my remote on 98 GS300. I need your help before I go to Lexus to get it check

I have the same problem on my 2003 GS430. I have heard that others have the problem as well. I believe that the problem is related to the spring that actually moves the locking mechanism. It may be too weak but actually might work better in cold weather. For now I solve the problem my manually throwing the locking switch as I close the driver's door. The other doors seem to lock fine remotely. Check this out! When you put the car in gear and drive off the doors should lock automatically - check the driver's door to see if the manual lock has fully rotated. Mine doesn't.

I wonder if this is enough of a safety issue (for women in particular) that Lexus would consider a recall. Does anyone know how to start a recall?

J. Mercer

• 1 month later...

Yes mine 1999 GS400 does this as well, remote locks and unlocks all other doors except for the drivers.(weird) I stop in at Lexus to have them tell me what it is, with a quick look they said it's the lock actuator, they said roughly $400 plus for the part in the drivers door and about 1 1/2 hours in labour. For that price I will live with it for a little longer.

Dave