Es350 (2007- July) - Wind Noise

Ranjha

I bought my ES350 in July 2007 and now have almost 3000 miles on it. After 500 miles my steering wheel started to wobble at the speed > 60 mph. Lexus did the wheel balancing first, but that didn't fixed the problem and later they replaced all the tires and that resolved the wobbling problem. But now I started to notice a very annoying WIND NOISE at speed > 50 mph, tried to adjust the window glass position but no luck. Has anyone else have experienced the same problem and if so any solutions??

I also happen to notice more road noise in ES350 as compared to ES330 or ES300.

I bought my ES350 in July 2007 and now have almost 3000 miles on it. After 500 miles my steering wheel started to wobble at the speed > 60 mph. Lexus did the wheel balancing first, but that didn't fixed the problem and later they replaced all the tires and that resolved the wobbling problem. But now I started to notice a very annoying WIND NOISE at speed > 50 mph, tried to adjust the window glass position but no luck. Has anyone else have experienced the same problem and if so any solutions??

Yes. this is their design fault. Thats what the Lexus dealers told me. they said it should be taken care by adding an extra rubber coating around the doors and window area. I think this was quite a dumb mistake they came up with on ES350. I don't like it eiether

Are they installing the extra rubber coating to address this issue or they are suggesting us to get it install ourself?

Also Have you noticed the excessive ROAD NOISE as well? and Are they doing any thing to remediate that ?? Thanks

Tires pressure are as under:

Front - 26.5(idle) / 27.5 (after driving 10 miles)

Rear - 27 (idle) / 28 (after driving 10 miles)

I purchased my ES350 the first week of May, 2006 and have about 6000 miles on the odometer. The reason for such low mileage is because I have other cars in my stable.

This car has always had a tire pressure of 30psi, and I haven't noticed any tire noise, road noise or unbalance at any speed. The car came equipped with Michelin tires. They're excellent!

The only problem I had was that after the 5000 mile maintenance the dealer rotated the tires, and after that the car had a slight pull to the left......it was absolutely perfect before. I than brought the car back to the dealer and had them put the tires back to the original position, and once again the car did not have any pulling. So, what do I do now? :whistles:

Tires pressure are as under:

Front - 26.5(idle) / 27.5 (after driving 10 miles)

Rear - 27 (idle) / 28 (after driving 10 miles)

Too low. Read on the driver's door panel what the reccomended pressures are, its probably 30 or so. I'd air them up to that and see what you think, it will reduce the road noise.

• 1 month later...

I noticed what I thought was a wind noise in my new Lexus. I later found that it changed as I traveled on different road surfaces. It was apparently tire noise. Go find a newly paved smooth surface and see how that affects the noise.