Traction Control Computer

Lex-ed

It takes 1-2 hours to do it yourself, or less if you've removed the glovebox before.

Why bother at all. I wouldn't bother replacing that piece of junk plus which I have often wondered what it might take to have it automatically off with each startup rather than on. I learned by be fairly religious in turning it off each and every time I start my 92 LS.

It takes 1-2 hours to do it yourself, or less if you've removed the glovebox before.

Why bother at all. I wouldn't bother replacing that piece of junk plus which I have often wondered what it might take to have it automatically off with each startup rather than on. I learned by be fairly religious in turning it off each and every time I start my 92 LS.

Because you can get the computer for pocket change at a salvage yard....

I turned it off using the button above the ashtray, but the trac light still comes on. Not every time, but often enough for me to know that that button doesn't override anything. Do you think I can get away with doing nothing at all? Just drive around with the light on all the time? A mechanic told me the car would eventually become "undriveable" if the computer failed altogether. Is this true? Thanks in advance.

Because you can get the computer for pocket change at a salvage yard....

Yes, I am checking out reman prices...and i am sure i can do way better than that dealer quote on labor. I am trying to figure out whether I really 'need' to fix it at all. Or if I can bypass or remove it. Lots of conflicting advice on whether removing it is even do-able/adviseable.