Thule Roof Box

Does anyone have a recommedation for a specific model Thule roof box which will work well with the RX400H? I do not want to purchase anything too large. I was looking at the Ascent 1500 15cu or the Spirit 16cu??

Thanks!

You can search the fourm for topics like this... here is my thread on cargo boxes

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...92&hl=cargo

Does anyone have a recommedation for a specific model Thule roof box which will work well with the RX400H? I do not want to purchase anything too large. I was looking at the Ascent 1500 15cu or the Spirit 16cu??

Thanks!

You can search the fourm for topics like this... here is my thread on cargo boxes

Thanks - The material is a little dated with new models out. Anyone have experience with an Thule Atlantis 1600?

Thanks!

Thanks - The material is a little dated with new models out. Anyone have experience with an Thule Atlantis 1600?

Judging from this info...

Thule 686 Atlantis 1600 Silver - Thule Cargo Boxes

Thule continues to set the standard in box design, with the Thule 686 Atlantis 1600. The Thule Atlantis is offered in four NEW sizes and two colors. The Atlantis is designed to fit today's most popular vehicles with more choices than ever.

Carry 16 cu ft of gear and still manage to fit your car into the garage

Dimensions: 74 in. x 36 in. x 16.3 in.

Eye-catching styling compliments the aerodynamic lines of today’s new car designs

New QuickGrip mounting system comes pre-installed, you’ll be on the road in seconds Improved locking system features a user-friendly, padded key and readable decal

As always, our built-in safety feature means the key can only be removed when box is fully closed

Access gear from either side using the patented dual-side opening feature

Requires a minimum bar spacing of 23.5 inches and allows a maximum of 34 inches for mounting

My experience would lead me to select this box.

It has a quick latch system for easy install

It has the shorter grip at 23.5 in which should work with the 400h rack without modification

It comes in silver to reduce heat buildup

It opens from either side

It short and wide like the SpaceCadet so you can open the rear hatch while it's on top

I'd say get it.

Thanks!

I'd say get it.

Thanks for your feedback. Ordered at REI today to take advantage of 20% discount. The boix comes in silver/black or full back. I ordered a full black as I have a White RX400H and did not want the mixture of colors... How many touchup pens to paint a Thule box White 8)

Thanks!

I have an Thule Evolution. It fits and works perfectly.

What size - I'm assuming its the 1600?

• 4 months later...

Thanks!

I have an Thule Evolution. It fits and works perfectly.

What size - I'm assuming its the 1600?

Dwayne; did you attach the Thule box to the exisiting cross bars or did you buy Thule crossbars?