Rx330 Backup Alarm

oldskibumb

The lights are LED instead of standard 12V so the backup alarm would have to be specifically designed and wired for that type of circuit.

There are also electrical converters for standard trailer lights so maybe something like that could be used. The Lexus/Toyota part number is in a post about trailer hitches on this site.

Calling a Lexus dealer with the question would probably confuse them but it is worth a try.

The lights are LED instead of standard 12V so the backup alarm would have to be specifically designed and wired for that type of circuit.

There are also electrical converters for standard trailer lights so maybe something like that could be used. The Lexus/Toyota part number is in a post about trailer hitches on this site.

Calling a Lexus dealer with the question would probably confuse them but it is worth a try.

I could be wrong but I don't think LED lamps are as yet up to the power required of backup lamps. So why not just pop the tail light fixture out and tap into that wire?

Ultrasonic....

Do you have a dog that tends to get behind your RX when you're backing?

I bought an online RX330 manual..all 4000 pages but I cannot find information on where to find a connector to tap into the backup lights to get power for an ultrasonic backup alarm. My rear bumper needs help. It's taken a bunch of beatings.

The ultrasonic alarms are low power, signaling with a buzzer. The unit is connected to the backup lights so it is turned on when the backup lights go on. I have a hatchback with the backup lights in the rear door while the ultrasonic sensors are in the bumber with the control module in the trunk so I need to know where the backup light hot wire goes when it enters the body.