aftermarket key for 98 ls400

peterchien

Has any body able to get a not so expensive key from any other source than the dealer. They want $270 for one key w remote. I would like to have one master key and one valet key made. I bought the car from a used car dealer and it only give me one key. I was so impress with the car that I did'nt think it was that important cause I thought that I could just get one made by a locksmith just like any other car. Was I wrong!!! :oops:

• 2 months later...

I was quoted $300 by one of the Denver dealers for a new remote key for my '94 LS400.

He also offered two alternatives: $30 for a plain metal key, and $50 for a plain key with the molded plastic and Lexus insignia over it.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it possible to get 2 sets of keys with a matching ROM?

(That is 2 Full sets with remote lock/unlock & a valet key)

I would like one for everyday use, and another key to leave at home in case someone needs to borrow my vehicle while I am away with the main key.

I can get Remote Keys for 90-04 LS400s if anyone needs them. You have to buy a ROM (Chip for the car) with matching Key. Normally they are 300-400 US at the dealer. Depending on how many keys you want with it I can get Chip and Keys for $125- $190

Can you get me the Lexus plastic covering only? The key and the remote work great. The previous owner cracked the loop on the key cover so I can loop it into my key chain. Please e-mail me at toddnaz@hotmail.com Thanks. :lol: