Transmission Problems

paultfh

I've got a 95 ES 300 w/ ~65,000 miles. I just did a tranny service due to slipping. Ever since the transmission runs a bit smoother however when in the park position the parking pawl does not engage resulting in the car rolling.

I don't know much about tranny's and have no idea what would be causing this or how to go about fixing it.

Thanks for the help

I'd be discussing this with the shop that did the work immediately. If the pawl isn't securing the transmission in place, that's a serious safety hazard. You shouldn't need to fix this yourself.

I did the fluid and filter change myself. I am hoping it is something easy like a disconnected cable or wire which I could fix myself.

I'd be discussing this with the shop that did the work immediately. If the pawl isn't securing the transmission in place, that's a serious safety hazard. You shouldn't need to fix this yourself.

I did the fluid and filter change myself. I am hoping it is something easy like a disconnected cable or wire which I could fix myself.

fluid and filter change would not solve your pawl problem. what kind of service did you get to solve your slipping problem? rebuilt the transmission??? changing the fluid and filter will help the slipping a little, but the problem will just come back soon.

i don't know if there is an adjustment your mechanic can do to tighten up the park gears, so the pawl will go away. some ford transmission has this tightening adjustment.

fluid and filter change would not solve your pawl problem. what kind of service did you get to solve your slipping problem? rebuilt the transmission??? changing the fluid and filter will help the slipping a little, but the problem will just come back soon.

i don't know if there is an adjustment your mechanic can do to tighten up the park gears, so the pawl will go away. some ford transmission has this tightening adjustment.

Just for clarification, the pawl was working fine before the fluid & filter change.