Back Up Camera Problem

coastal4974

I have an 04 330 with the backup camera. A few weeks ago, I attached a u-haul trailer and plugged the lights into the Lexus prewired trailer jack. All the lights worked fine and so did the camera for a few times then it went out. I don't know if it was related or coincidence. I looked in the fuse box for a dedicated fuse for the camers but I didn't see one labeled as such and since I recently moved, the owners manual has not turned up yet.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or do you know of the location of a dedicated fuse for the camera?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine went out on my '04 Rx330 about three months ago. I not sure if anything I was doing contributed to the camera's demise. The dealer quoted my a price of $1,100.00 to replace the camera. I declined and went home to try another avenue of repair. I took the camera out but could find nothing I could repair myself. I called the dealer and was quoted a price of $723.00 for the camera by itself. I still declined and decided I can do without the backup camera for awhile until I can find a used one or a cheaper replacement.

Mine went out on my '04 Rx330 about three months ago. I not sure if anything I was doing contributed to the camera's demise. The dealer quoted my a price of $1,100.00 to replace the camera. I declined and went home to try another avenue of repair. I took the camera out but could find nothing I could repair myself. I called the dealer and was quoted a price of $723.00 for the camera by itself. I still declined and decided I can do without the backup camera for awhile until I can find a used one or a cheaper replacement.

I meant to add that when I removed the camera from the rear hatch, the wiring to the camera has nothing to do with the tail lights.

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to add that when I removed the camera from the rear hatch, the wiring to the camera has nothing to do with the tail lights.

Thanks for the reply. That's quite the ripoff, $1100. I have to go back and see if my extended warranty will cover it. I've heard that they have had problems with the 04 cameras so I guess they want us to pay for their crap material.

• 1 month later...

I received a notice in the mail a few days ago from Lexus that the backup camera for my 04 RX330 is now under extended warranty (6 yrs/80K), I think. I had mine replaced earlier this year under warranty for the exact problem you state.