Power Seat Options In A 95 Gs300 Not Working

Hi all,

I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I just recently bought a 95 GS300 touring edition and i've been fixing the little problems with it, but one problem i've had is that the forward/back option on driver side isn't working and the passenger seat moves forward and back on only one track. All the other options work for both chairs, so does that mean the motor is blown on the driver side one? I've searched the forums, but couldn't find any info on this.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it/how much it would cost to get fixed at Lexus or elsewhere?

Thanks alot, much appreciated.

Rob

if i power cable is unplugged or disconnected, why can't i connect it back? will something happen?

do you know approx how much the dealer will charge for it? i have no idea and i don't wanna get robbed by a dealership, thats all

What if i took the power off the battery? that should stop any chance for shorting something right?

i didnt know the power cables could stop working from being out of use... is this a common problem?

i'll probly bring it to lexus at the end, i just want to see if there is any other reason why only one of the multiple chair options wouldn't be working...

I had a similar problem with my uncle's Mercedes Benz that had power seating. You can take off the battery power to ensure no short circuiting. Maybe this will help =]

Also check under your seat for a power box, take a flash light and check if there are any burn markings, or black residue markings from melting.