Err Message

Hello. I have a SC4, 1994 model Lexus. It came with a 12 CD changer. Suddenly, Wednesday morning, my CD started skipping for no reason (I was sitting in the driveway, and it was skipping as if I were traveling the yellow dirt road). I turned off the player and turned it back on, and since then, all of my CD-R's are "Err" and my CD that is not a CD-R does not come up. It's as if it cannot read the discs. They are inserted correctly, as this happened when I was driving and I know that I did not get out and mess with my CD magazine which is located in my trunk. :) It's a Namachi (according to the dash) and the Magazine number is:

86273-24030 and below that is: CA-ZS5110A.

Any idea on what went wrong? Should I just take it to the dealership and get them to change it or fix it? Is there anyway for them to put in another trunk CD player if so? How much would something like that cost? It worked fine for six months, and I loved making CDs to play while I was driving around. Please tell me I don't have to give that up. :cries:

Hello. I have a SC4, 1994 model Lexus. It came with a 12 CD changer. Suddenly, Wednesday morning, my CD started skipping for no reason (I was sitting in the driveway, and it was skipping as if I were traveling the yellow dirt road). I turned off the player and turned it back on, and since then, all of my CD-R's are "Err" and my CD that is not a CD-R does not come up. It's as if it cannot read the discs. They are inserted correctly, as this happened when I was driving and I know that I did not get out and mess with my CD magazine which is located in my trunk. :) It's a Namachi (according to the dash) and the Magazine number is:

86273-24030 and below that is: CA-ZS5110A.

Any idea on what went wrong? Should I just take it to the dealership and get them to change it or fix it? Is there anyway for them to put in another trunk CD player if so? How much would something like that cost? It worked fine for six months, and I loved making CDs to play while I was driving around. Please tell me I don't have to give that up. :cries:

It's shot, The 12 disc fujitsu changers are garbage and the worst audio component ever used by lexus. You need to get a 92-96 es300 changer with a custom built bracket. I have them.

It's shot, The 12 disc fujitsu changers are garbage and the worst audio component ever used by lexus. You need to get a 92-96 es300 changer with a custom built bracket. I have them.

Now here's where you get bombarded with questions. :)

1. Where do I get this? The dealer?

2. How much do they cost?

3. Can it be installed in the trunk like my old one was, with the navigation on the dash?

4. About how long do these take to be installed? After I order the part, pay for it, and the waiting period is up.

Not a question, but thank you for answering me. I thought I was going nuts for a minute there, with this whole thing.