Screwed! Repair Time!

NOOOOO!!! NOTTT MYYYY TRANNNYYY!!

<_<

So I bought the car from a dealer a while ago...

I notice after about a month of driivng the car the airbag light is on..so im like crap! thats a couple of G'S

But then when cleaning my car, I realize my passenger side seatbelt wires have been clipped.

I decide to join them back together in what looked like to be a logical manner this past weekend..

As I am sitting in the driveway at a slope position, I make my sister sit in the car and tell me when the seatbelt light starts glashing so I know when I have properly joined the Seatbelt wires..

I tried a lot of different combinations but it wasn't working....So I gave up...

I get out of my car...and i see almost a damn Quart of Transmission Fluid :censored::censored::censored:

Yeah...I was like sh**

Lifted up the car...Looked under...and saw it was leaking not from the Tray..but from the upper/forward part..

I bring it to the mechanic...and he says that I need a new "SEAL" I think he means a new Gasket at the point where the two peices of the transmissions join...well...

here is hte breakdown of the things i need help with..

1. Transmission Gasket??? how could a transmission gasket go on a 2001 Lexus GS430...it only has 55k!! that makes me mad!

2. Seatbelt wiring!! Anyone have a diagram on how to wire a passenger side seatbelt on a 01 430??

Lemme know if anyone has any ideas!

the tranny thing is going to cost me around 600, and the seatbelt problem I will probably ignore..because it's a dealer issue that will cost me around -- 2k maybe more for doing nothing but looking at a diagram and wiring it up themselves!!!

So I bought the car from a dealer a while ago...

I notice after about a month of driivng the car the airbag light is on..so im like crap! thats a couple of G'S

But then when cleaning my car, I realize my passenger side seatbelt wires have been clipped.

I decide to join them back together in what looked like to be a logical manner this past weekend..

As I am sitting in the driveway at a slope position, I make my sister sit in the car and tell me when the seatbelt light starts glashing so I know when I have properly joined the Seatbelt wires..

I tried a lot of different combinations but it wasn't working....So I gave up...

I get out of my car...and i see almost a damn Quart of Transmission Fluid :censored::censored::censored:

Yeah...I was like sh**

Lifted up the car...Looked under...and saw it was leaking not from the Tray..but from the upper/forward part..

I bring it to the mechanic...and he says that I need a new "SEAL" I think he means a new Gasket at the point where the two peices of the transmissions join...well...

here is hte breakdown of the things i need help with..

1. Transmission Gasket??? how could a transmission gasket go on a 2001 Lexus GS430...it only has 55k!! that makes me mad!

2. Seatbelt wiring!! Anyone have a diagram on how to wire a passenger side seatbelt on a 01 430??

Lemme know if anyone has any ideas!

the tranny thing is going to cost me around 600, and the seatbelt problem I will probably ignore..because it's a dealer issue that will cost me around -- 2k maybe more for doing nothing but looking at a diagram and wiring it up themselves!!!

I Forgot to mention...I also recieved a check engine light...which i promptly checked with my wonderful OBD II ... It gave me a code of system too lean..I recieved this a while ago...I think it might be my MAF sensor...or simply changning my air filter should fix that..but weird how the transmission leak and that came up the same time..

The System too lean code hadn't come up in months!

but since I am planning on getting my str intake in the coming month I wont change my filter...

I already have cleaned my MAF sensor...I think it was on BANK 1 of 2. Should i just replace it?!?!?

where is the help /// ideas???

See if the attachment helps. It's for an 05 GS430. You didn't say what year your car is.

If the attachment doesn't come through, email me for the pic: blown94gt@charter.net

Mike

post-44182-1187713403_thumb.jpg

where is the help /// ideas???

See if the attachment helps. It's for an 05 GS430. You didn't say what year your car is.

If the attachment doesn't come through, email me for the pic: blown94gt@charter.net

Mike

Hey Mike,

thanks for hte help

--but

My passanger side Seatbelt has its wires clipped....I think that is why the airbag light is on =\

do you have the wiring diagram for the passenger side seatbelt?!

thanks a bunch!!

and my car is a 2001