Hack To Lower The Rear Windows?

Hi all,

On the 2000 ES300, I like the auto opening of the sunroof and front windows by twisting the key in the door. Is there a way/hack to make the rears go down as well? Thanks in advance!

GP

Yes. Build yourself an "and" gate to drive a relay. If both front windows start opening simultaneously then energize the relay. Use two N.O. contact sets of the relay to energize the window motors in the "down" polarity. Or you could just use two small 12 VDC relays, N.O. contacts in series wherein both must be energized in order to have "down" power to the rear motors.

Okay...thanks for the reply. However, that's pretty much Chinese to me :wacko:

I guess there is no easy way of doing this, or a write-up w. pictures somewhere, right?

GP

Hi all,

On the 2000 ES300, I like the auto opening of the sunroof and front windows by twisting the key in the door. Is there a way/hack to make the rears go down as well? Thanks in advance!

GP

Yes. Build yourself an "and" gate to drive a relay. If both front windows start opening simultaneously then energize the relay. Use two N.O. contact sets of the relay to energize the window motors in the "down" polarity. Or you could just use two small 12 VDC relays, N.O. contacts in series wherein both must be energized in order to have "down" power to the rear motors.

• 6 months later...

I have a follow up question to this....does anyone know how I could use the same feature to get the windows to roll back up. I used to have it in my last car but with the ES, I can use the remote or key to lower all windows and sunroof but then getting them back up has to be done manually. Is there any additional part that would be needed to activate this feature ? Thanks.