Freaking Out....

Hello,

I was recently cleaning out my cupholder and while I was doing that a screw that I had lying in there (dont ask me why it was in there cause I dont know lol) got away from me and slipped under that cover of the shifting area. It was right above the shift knob when it is in park (it was already under the cover and past any point of return) and when I put the car in drive I heard it hit something and fall further...I was wondering if this can cause any damage and hurt the car in anyway? Is there anyway to get it out? As you can tell this is making me quite nervous. All the advice is appreciate as always, thanks!!

Hello,

I was recently cleaning out my cupholder and while I was doing that a screw that I had lying in there (dont ask me why it was in there cause I dont know lol) got away from me and slipped under that cover of the shifting area. It was right above the shift knob when it is in park (it was already under the cover and past any point of return) and when I put the car in drive I heard it hit something and fall further...I was wondering if this can cause any damage and hurt the car in anyway? Is there anyway to get it out? As you can tell this is making me quite nervous. All the advice is appreciate as always, thanks!!

Sounds like you're screwed!

Sorry, just had to... :P

My guess is that it will most likely not hurt anything, but I can't honestly say for sure.

I had something fall into my Jeep's shift console like that too, and it didn't hurt anything.

My guess is that it will most likely not hurt anything, but I can't honestly say for sure.

I had something fall into my Jeep's shift console like that too, and it didn't hurt anything.

I agree, you'll probably never know its there. The worse thing that may happen is your shifter may get jammed by the screw. And a little persuasion would probably free it up easily. The automatic shifters usually give their instructions to the transmission via rod or cable closer to the engine. So its not like you have a hole in the transmission directly below the shifter for the screw to fall into.

In fact, the screw may have dropped out of the bottom of the car for all we know (although I think there's probably a few sound proof layers in the way).

I would leave it, as I wouldn't want anyone (Lexus Tech or myself) taking a chance of breaking it/not getting it back right/etc.

Take out the shifting panel and get the screw.

I dont think it could do any damage, but if that happened to me and I left it like that, it would DRIVE ME NUTSSS

so just open up the paneling and see if you can see the screw, if u see it, take it out. and if u dont, give urself the false hope that it fell out the bottom!! :-)

if ur not a freak like me...dont worry leave it..im sure its not a biggie!

Take out the shifting panel and get the screw.

I dont think it could do any damage, but if that happened to me and I left it like that, it would DRIVE ME NUTSSS

so just open up the paneling and see if you can see the screw, if u see it, take it out. and if u dont, give urself the false hope that it fell out the bottom!! :-)

if ur not a freak like me...dont worry leave it..im sure its not a biggie!

I'd probably do the exact same thing, but then again...I'm crazy.