Air Suspension Replacement

skyking

The route I had gone was going to conventional coil over strut from Arnott. I wasn't about to spend 1100 for each air suspension replacement (X4). However, I am very dissatisfied with Arnott's product as the rear end of my car is at least 3 inches lower than the front. I have had to purchase the rubber coil spacers (@ 5.99 for 4) to lift the car and have been replacing every three months as they wear. Additionally, I have heard good things about strutmaster's replacement conventional COS, so that is my next purchase...

• 2 months later...

I am wondering if this is a difficult and/or costly conversion. I am considering a 1992 LS400 with the optional air-suspension and while it works fine now, it would be comforting to know that if (or should I say, "when") one of the air-struts fail in the future, if it is going to be difficult and/or costly. Is it as simple as removing the ait struts and replacing with the standard ones? Thanks.