Left Front Air Suspension Collapse

skyking

I have had some trouble recently with a left rear air shock dropping on my 92 LS400. Some days, it would drop, others not. As the car warmed up, in about 20 seconds it would pump back up. Intermittent problem, at best.

The other day, I had the typical hiss as the air shocks relieved when I parked at work. When I came out, the left front was fully collapsed. I got the car home, but it is undrivable.

Searching through the service manuals, I am assuming I lost the seal on that one shock. I am not finding, however, a quick and easy functional test of the compressor. The reason I am looking there is that I was pretty sure the front and rear were separate systems, and that if one went, the other would hold. Could be wrong. In any event, the left rear will not come up now.

My question is whether there is one simple leak in the system that kills it for the other shocks or what? Anyone with any quick functional tests of the system? I am not sure I am not looking at more than one failure here.

Thanks!