Gs430 - Might Buy A 2003 Or Later

RCPeters

Last year I bought a 2001 Jaguar XJ8 to use as our family sedan and for my wife's daily driver. It is not the long model, but she says it is too long and cumbersome to park. I guess the Cadillac Catera we had before spoiler her.

Yesterday I test drove a 2004 ES330, looks nice and it was my color choice, mystic sea or light silver green. But I did not like how when you step on it to pass it has to rev up and I didn't like the front wheel drive handling. I looked at a LS430 on the same lot, but it seemed as big as our Jag, which is 202.7 overall vs the LS at 196.7. They had a 2003 GS300 and it looked to be a nice size (189.2 OA) and was more plush inside than the ES330. I didn't test drive it because I think I will stay with the V8's.

Now here is my challenge: Find a GS430 in mystic sea opalescent with navigation and with low enough mileage that I can buy an extended warranty covering it up to 100K miles. I would be paying cash and I would be willing to travel most anywhere in the U.S. to pick it up and drive it back to Los Angeles. To make it more of a challenge, I would like to buy it for close to low book value.

My research on-line shows that the LS430 model is more available and there are some in my color choice. However, I have not discovered any of the GS430 models in this color. However, they were sold in that color.

Comments anyone?