Black Trim And New Carpet

Hello,

I would like to go for the black and tan contrast in my current tan interior. Everything that is currently that dark, ugly brown I would like to be black. Also, I need to do something about my carpet. My first questions pertain to the black trim. I have seen that people have painted that vinyl trim around the door, as well as pieces such as the top of the dash black. What type of paint is needed and will this paint hold up well? Also, I have seen that guys have created new trim around the radio as well. Due to my aftermarket head unit, the volume knob, for example, is no longer functional. Therefore, I would like to make a new trim...how would I go about doing this? Last question...I imagine it would be very difficult and more expensive to replace the carpet, so what do you all think about removing and dying the carpet light beige to try and remove the stains? Thanks!

Carpet really isn't that expensive, since it's generally just 1 cut/molded sheet for the whole cabin. You can probably replace your insulation and get quality cut-pile carpet + floor mats for around $300.

http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.a...amp;ModelId=410

I'm not sure if the Supra mold will fit perfectly in the SC, but you can always get carpet by the yard instead.