Power Antenna Replacement

stocks12

My power antenna on my Lexus RX300 (02) stopped wirking. The motor keep cranking, but the mast will not rise and fall. Anyone have detailed instructions (pics help as well) on how to replace?

Thanks,

I'm pasting something in from a previously similar post that I replied to. A good idea is to use the search function of this site. You'll usually find that someone has dealt with thes ame issue you may be having. In this case I've done the antenna mast replacement (as have several others). There should be links to those posts in this paste but if they dont work simply search for "antenna" and you'll find all you need to know. Good Luck

(paste) If your antenna has stopped extending and retracting, its possible the nylon cable that drives it has broken. Take a listen when you turn the radio on/off and see if you hear the antenna motor running. If you hear the motor but the antenna doesnt move its likely the cable has broken. If you dont hear the motor it may be that the motor has died. My experiene has been that its usually the cable that fails.

Unfortunately , the replacement diagram from the manual doesnt mention that IF the cable has broken there will be a broken off piece of cable still left in the antenna motor assembly. This will need to be removed before you insert the new shaft/cable.

I've had the fortune to do this a few years ago and I posted my notes here:

Post #7 on thelink is my account of replacing the antenna

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=antenna