Scratch On Window-damage To Window Tint

Beach Club

I have a scratch on the glass of my rear passender window. Some of the window tinting appears to be removed. It is not visible from the outside but if you are seated inside the GX you can see it. Should I go to the dealer and have them replace the glass. Or should I have a window tinting company tint the glass and cover the scratch. ( I do not know much about window tinting but I thought that factory installed window tinting could not be removed simply by scratching the glass.)

Obsessing over the details,

Beach Club

Ok let's see.. First of all you didn't add tint ON top of the factory tint, did you?? Secondly, to actually scratch the factory tint, you must have really chipped the window to be able to do that, cuz the tint is injected in between the glass so that it DOESNT scratch off like the add-on aftermarket tint film.

• 2 weeks later...
The tint is not a film. I would go to a window tinting place and have them look at it. Maybe they can spary some tint on it to make it look less noticable. Good Luck

Thanks. I took it to a Lexus dealer in Orlando. They lifted the tint and reappplied it. It looks great.

Beach Club