Upgrade Tow Capacity For Rx330

tharkun

I bought an early RX330, prior to the factory tow package option availability and I waited almost 4 months for the the Lexus factory hitch (rated for 3500 lbs) to come in and be installed. I have been towing a small open trailer that is less that 1200 lbs with a load.

Now I find I need to pull an enclosed trailer with a total loaded weight of around 3000-3200 lbs. Since I had never come close to that, I never really noted my hitch assembly markings beyond my initial requirements. I now find that it is marked for a 2000lbs capacity without the factory tow package and for 3500 lbs with factory tow package. I believe the factory tow package has an auxiliary transmission cooler, heavy duty radiator and power steering cooler.

Has any one upgraded their RX330 to the full tow package spec if they did not get the factory tow package? Anyone know of any problems with doing an after market install of this stuff. My 330 is in great shape w/ 73,000 miles & still under the platinum warranty I bought. I really don't want to get another car because I can't tow what I need, if I can avoid it....damn hobbies always cost more.....