Iacv Shot - Aftermarket Or Toyota Oem

artbuc

At only 78k my IACV is shot :angry: . Should I replace with Toyota OEM or can I go aftermarket? I would appreciate any suggestions on what and where to buy to get best price and quality. Thanks.

OK, I answered my own question. RockAuto offers Standard Motor Products for $163.79 and Airtex for $248.79 both plus S&H. Lexus of Wilmington had one in stock for $223. Picked-it up on Saturday and guess what? It was DOA!!!

Resistance across both open and close circuits should be the same and about 23 ohms at room temp. This brand new Aisan IACV had 28k ohms across "close valve" circuit and over 38m ohms (basically open) across "open valve" circuit. When I put 12 volts across "open valve" circuit it did absolutely nothing.

I can't get another IACV until Tuesday. Very disappointing.

At only 78k my IACV is shot :angry: . Should I replace with Toyota OEM or can I go aftermarket? I would appreciate any suggestions on what and where to buy to get best price and quality. Thanks.

OK, I answered my own question. RockAuto offers Standard Motor Products for $163.79 and Airtex for $248.79 both plus S&H. Lexus of Wilmington had one in stock for $223. Picked-it up on Saturday and guess what? It was DOA!!!

Resistance across both open and close circuits should be the same and about 23 ohms at room temp. This brand new Aisan IACV had 28k ohms across "close valve" circuit and over 38m ohms (basically open) across "open valve" circuit. When I put 12 volts across "open valve" circuit it did absolutely nothing.

I can't get another IACV until Tuesday. Very disappointing.

UPDATE. Turns out nothing was wrong with the new Lexus IACV. My Lexus Repair Manual is wrong! Volume 2, Pages SF42 & SF46, describe electrical checks for IACV. All of this info is incorrect. It applies to the rotary solenoid type IACV's used in some other Toyotas such as my 99 Avalon. The IACV in my RX is magnetic induction which operates off a pulse signal. Resistance measurements scross the coil circuits are meaningless and you cnnot operate it manually by applying 12VDC. Good news is I have a new $227 IACV, bad news is my old one worked fine - just needed to be cleaned.