Rear Sensor And Fuel Economy

MO-Lexus

Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed--I tried the search option and got every link that had the word "rear" or "sensor" in it. Was taking waaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooo long to get the info I was looking for.

2004 LS 430: when I bought the car a week ago the rear driver sensor would be activated when in reverse. I have tried to clean sensor with no change. Are there suggestions on how to fix the issue? The car is still under warranty so should I just take to local Lexus dealer even though bought privately?

On the dash it has a fuel economy reading that is driving me crazy. Is there a way to get off odometer reading or reset so accurate? The individual that I purchased it from ran 87 octane through it for about 2,0000 miles and was getting around 17.5 mpg around town. Since I have it I having been putting 91 octane. This past weekend I drove 500 miles and the reading has changed to 17.8 mpg but when figures from trip A sensor and gas receipt I am getting 28.1 mpg. How do I either remove this reading from the dash or reboot so am having correct info?

Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed--I tried the search option and got every link that had the word "rear" or "sensor" in it. Was taking waaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooo long to get the info I was looking for.

2004 LS 430: when I bought the car a week ago the rear driver sensor would be activated when in reverse. I have tried to clean sensor with no change. Are there suggestions on how to fix the issue? The car is still under warranty so should I just take to local Lexus dealer even though bought privately?

On the dash it has a fuel economy reading that is driving me crazy. Is there a way to get off odometer reading or reset so accurate? The individual that I purchased it from ran 87 octane through it for about 2,0000 miles and was getting around 17.5 mpg around town. Since I have it I having been putting 91 octane. This past weekend I drove 500 miles and the reading has changed to 17.8 mpg but when figures from trip A sensor and gas receipt I am getting 28.1 mpg. How do I either remove this reading from the dash or reboot so am having correct info?

I do not think you can reset it...it takes the average of the life of the car. As far as the sensor, you should probably check it with the dealer, you are under warranty. Looks like the only way you can get that gas mileage up to where you want it to be is to drive 20,000 miles at 30 MPG ;)