Need Suggestions On A/c And Check Engine Light On 92 Ls400

megajoy

Hi everyone,

What a great place to get info! I have a 1992 ls400 with about 160,000 miles on it...it's been great to read here that this car will last for a lot longer if maintained well...Looks like I've had the standard things go wrong with it including the a/c. I live in San Diego and I'm wondering if anyone has a line on where to repair the a/c in Tijuana and whether or not any of you have done this before (had a/c serviced in TJ) and if you have, what kind of experience you had down there.

Also, I went to an non-dealer lexus mechanic who couldn't figure out why the check engine light was remaining on. I read here on some of the posts that you can go to autozone and have it checked free, but I went there today and they only read models that are '96 or newer. I went to Pep boys but they charge almost the same as a dealer. Any ideas on that? I recently had the power steering fluid checked, and they had to replace the alternator, but I wonder if they reset the check engine light. How does one do that on an ls400?

Thanks for your help!