Mark Levinson Sub Removal

Hello,

I have a blown ML sub that I would like to remove and repair. I have removed the back seat bench and back and I am now stuck. It appears that the back deck is held in by the side pillar panels (garnish). How are these removed? I'm sure that if I pull on the clips that hold the panel too hard they will break. Is there a better way to get the sub out? The grill looks like it is permanently fastened by washers that fix to the grill.

Thank you,

Hello,

I have a blown ML sub that I would like to remove and repair. I have removed the back seat bench and back and I am now stuck. It appears that the back deck is held in by the side pillar panels (garnish). How are these removed? I'm sure that if I pull on the clips that hold the panel too hard they will break. Is there a better way to get the sub out? The grill looks like it is permanently fastened by washers that fix to the grill.

Thank you,

the pillars are held in by clips. carefully pull them towards you and make sure the clips stay in tact. then the deck lifts up by clips and then you'll be able to take off the sub via the 4 bolts.

click on the following link for detailed instructions and pictures of the process courtesy of bananags! it is a great resource!

http://bananags.grantham-international.com/GS_DIY/rear_deck

hope this helps!

-Tony