What Is Tda?

Looking at the invoice closely, there is a fee called TDA and it's $393 for IS250.

What is this? Advertisement fee or something?

Is this something we can negotiate on?

Yep. Toyota Dealer Advertising.

You should be able to get rid of that. It's really part of the dealers operating costs and should be already in his overhead.

Looking at the invoice closely, there is a fee called TDA and it's $393 for IS250.

What is this? Advertisement fee or something?

Is this something we can negotiate on?

Yep. Toyota Dealer Advertising.

You should be able to get rid of that. It's really part of the dealers operating costs and should be already in his overhead.

Ok... I will try!!

But I asked the dealer and he said he can't take that off 'cause that's how much Lexus/Toyota is charging them.

Is it true that the dealer actually pays this to Lexus/Toyota when they get the car?

I figure they have a shared co-op advertising plan, but they spread the cost over all the vechicle they sell. How they come up with that cost for a particular car I don't know. I do know that that fee does not show up on all dealers' customer invoices. Maybe others hide the fee somewhere else. I think it ought to be negotiable, at least part of it. The dealers are independent operations and they should know what their actual costs are.