Rx300 License Plate Installation On Front Bumper

suraj

:whistles:

Hi all,

Texas needs license plate on both front and back.

Mine only has in the back, so I got new plates but wondering if I need to go to a dealer for bracket ($55) or just buy two screws and screw the plate by itself.

thank you for advice.

post-47554-1185464975_thumb.jpg

I've got the same thing... I bought an out of state vehicle with no front mount and now I need one for Oregon. I've looked around, and the dealer is the only place I can find a front plate mount, and it's $55 for a stupid little piece of plastic. It's an abreviated mount, too, but it does take out the radius of the front bumper and let you mount your plate flat on the front. You still need to screw the mount through the bumper, though.

I'm going to search the local salvage yards... there's gotta be a totalled RX in there somewhere that I can scavange the plate mount from for $5 or something. You should be able to do the same there in Texas.

I've got the same thing... I bought an out of state vehicle with no front mount and now I need one for Oregon. I've looked around, and the dealer is the only place I can find a front plate mount, and it's $55 for a stupid little piece of plastic. It's an abreviated mount, too, but it does take out the radius of the front bumper and let you mount your plate flat on the front. You still need to screw the mount through the bumper, though.

I'm going to search the local salvage yards... there's gotta be a totalled RX in there somewhere that I can scavange the plate mount from for $5 or something. You should be able to do the same there in Texas.

I had to put a front plate on my rx300 2001 also. I got a Toyota mount on Ebay for $25 that said it would install on my rx300 and used two white plastic wall anchors I got at my local hardware store. The anchor face is about the size of a dime and the tail end will fould into the drilled hole. I drilled out two holes in the front bumper lined up with the Toyota mount just large enough for the anchors to be snuged in. I carfully pushed and or taped the anchors into the bumper untill they were almost flush. Be carful not to pop your air bag. Then I used two large, round or pam head, chromed sheet medal scrows to draw the lincense plate and Toyota mount into the bumper. I also put a plastic plat cover over mine which I got from JC Whitney and it came with the screws I needed. It looks like it came with the vehicle.

:whistles:

Hi all,

Texas needs license plate on both front and back.

Mine only has in the back, so I got new plates but wondering if I need to go to a dealer for bracket ($55) or just buy two screws and screw the plate by itself.

thank you for advice.

I had to put a front plate on my rx300 2001 also. I got a Toyota mount on Ebay for $25 that said it would install on my rx300 and used two white plastic wall anchors I got at my local hardware store. The anchor face is about the size of a dime and the tail end will fould into the drilled hole. I drilled out two holes in the front bumper lined up with the Toyota mount just large enough for the anchors to be snuged in. I carfully pushed and or taped the anchors into the bumper untill they were almost flush. Be carful not to pop your air bag. Then I used two large, round or pam head, chromed sheet medal scrows to draw the lincense plate and Toyota mount into the bumper. I also put a plastic plat cover over mine which I got from JC Whitney and it came with the screws I needed. It looks like it came with the vehicle.

thanks for reply guys.

But I found that, the Texas law is about to change in September to allow only one license plate in the rear.

I'll rather wait a month rather than poking hole in the front bumper.

:cheers:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/80R...ml/HB01666I.htm

AN ACT

relating to the number of license plates to be issued for and

displayed on a motor vehicle.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:

SECTION 1. Subchapter A, Chapter 502, Transportation Code,

is amended by adding Section 502.010 to read as follows:

Sec. 502.010. ISSUANCE AND DISPLAY OF LICENSE PLATE. (a)

Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary, including

Section 502.180, the department shall issue only one license plate

for attachment at the rear of the vehicle for which the plate is

issued.

(B) Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary,

including Section 502.404(a), a person is entitled to operate on a

public highway a vehicle that displays only one license plate if the

plate is attached at the rear of the vehicle. A person may operate

on a public highway a vehicle that displays two license plates if

both plates were assigned by the department for the registration

period as a set of plates.

© In any provision of this code that relates to the

issuance or display of "license plates," "plates," or a "set of

plates," the term means only one license plate.

SECTION 2. The change in law made by this Act regarding the

issuance of license plates by the Texas Department of

Transportation applies only to the issuance of license plates by

the department for a registration period beginning on or after the

effective date of this Act. For a registration period that begins

before the effective date of this Act, the department shall issue

license plates as required by the law in effect immediately before

the effective date of this Act, and the former law is continued in

effect for that purpose.

SECTION 3. This Act takes effect September 1, 2007.