Paint

I purchased my Lexus IS250 (silver) on July 8 and while washing my car yesterday, I noticed near the rear window panels and on the trunk, there are little spots that look like rust stains. My car is inside the garage 75% of the time. What could be the cause of this? Should I take it back to the dealer?

I purchased my Lexus IS250 (silver) on July 8 and while washing my car yesterday, I noticed near the rear window panels and on the trunk, there are little spots that look like rust stains. My car is inside the garage 75% of the time. What could be the cause of this? Should I take it back to the dealer?

Got any pics?

Got any pics?

It is likely "rail Dust"

Just go get some clay bar at Pep boys and it should come right out.

Got any pics?

It is likely "rail Dust"

Just go get some clay bar at Pep boys and it should come right out.

Try to get the dealer to clay it for you, unless you want to do it your self. I've noticed this quite a bit on Lexus'.

Thanks for the response guys. I tried the clay bar and it worked a little bit. You have to look closely to notice the spots. I'm just worried since I bought the car 3 weeks ago, they might say it was wear and tear. I am going back to the dealership and hopefully they won't give me the run around.

If it's not rail dust, could it be anything else??