Best Accessories For Your Gx 470

mnmattGX07

My favorite is the Creekside Cargo Pack. I bought 2 so when we pick up groceries or run other errands with bags that would exceed the holding of the cargo net = we use these great bins to hold everything in place. One of my favorite features is that they break down and roll up into small little packets that are easy to store if you want to haul something else back there. They are spring loaded so it takes like 10 seconds to accomplish this. Let me say this, even my picky wife LOVES them! I am really happy with my new GX 470 (2007) and have really gotten a lot out of this forum. Thanks for that!

I would love to hear what other accessories that you found for your GX (interior or exterior) that you are really happy with.

Thanks,

Matt

OEM rubber car mats are great as well as stainless steel exhaust tip. Bullbar from Aries is a nice fit, plus OEM front bra a must have for long trips. Xenon headlights is an excellent addition. Bosch ICON bracketless wipers gives a clean winshield and lower profile.

Welcome and glad that you like your new rig...it is a joy to have.

OEM rubber car mats are great as well as stainless steel exhaust tip. Bullbar from Aries is a nice fit, plus OEM front bra a must have for long trips. Xenon headlights is an excellent addition. Bosch ICON bracketless wipers gives a clean winshield and lower profile.

Welcome and glad that you like your new rig...it is a joy to have.

Thanks for that! I have the all weather mats, and chrome exhaust tip. Bullbar is a bit much for my taste, am ordering the Bosch Icons right now online. Can I replace current headlights with Xenon lamps easily? Or is that a project that requires more than switching out bulbs?

My second favorite accessory is XM - really like the sound quality and variety - sounds great through the ML stereo!

Can I replace current headlights with Xenon lamps easily? Or is that a project that requires more than switching out bulbs?

I installed H11 4300K Xtreme HID Kit from XenonDepot.com in about 3 hours. The windows and radio needs reprogramming after re installation of the battery. Use Phillips Xenon for greater reliably and simplicity of installation. Silverstar bulbs are also great additions to my fog lights. Let me add that cleaning this headlights with Plexus as well as all plastic clear surfaces keeps it clear and protected.

There was a website, which I cant remember right now, that offered turn signal side mirrors for the Land Cruiser Prado (GX counterpart in Asia) so keep an eye out for that. Other than that, I've only installed the Valor Chrome Exhaust tip..

You can try installing some 4 bulb 194 blue LEDs for the plate lights or if you really want to stand out, you can order some Prado tail lights to make your GX look different... There are many possibilities out there!

The best accessories IMO are stainless steel exhaust tip, HID and coin tray if you are not a smoker.

I'm with you on the stainless steel exhaust tip - will pick one up at my next service! Is there another coin tray available to replace where the lighter plugin goes?

The coin tray replace the ash tray. Its the same tray except it is lined to keep the coin quiet. If I remember right, its like 40 bucks. If you dont want to spend the 40 bucks, you can get some lining from a art and craft store and do it your self.

You can also install the stainless steel exhaust tip yourself, its a 5 minute job, only 1 screw. I bought my stainless steel exhaust tip online and it was half of the price compare to my Lexus dealer. Lexus want to charge me $50 bucks on top of that for labor, so I save a $100 by buying it online and doing it myself.

The coin tray replace the ash tray. Its the same tray except it is lined to keep the coin quiet. If I remember right, its like 40 bucks. If you dont want to spend the 40 bucks, you can get some lining from a art and craft store and do it your self.

You can also install the stainless steel exhaust tip yourself, its a 5 minute job, only 1 screw. I bought my stainless steel exhaust tip online and it was half of the price compare to my Lexus dealer. Lexus want to charge me $50 bucks on top of that for labor, so I save a $100 by buying it online and doing it myself.

Great tips G-Man! Thanks again.

where can you order the coin tray from?