Tire Pressure

ramblnman

Check to see what the tires came with. Mine had 36 pounds all around but I have heard of even more on this forum website. It was dropped to 32 pounds, is checked monthly, and the ride etc. is just fine. The tire killer is underinflation so a couple of pounds extra is a wise safety margin even if the pressure is often monitored.

Gas mileage, ride, and tire life are not going to be significantly affected by a few pounds over. Under is another story.

You might want to do a search and see what other posts have been made here on the subject.

• 1 month later...

Several months ago, I checked my tires, and found that they had 35 pounds of air in them. I had thought that the car was riding more harshly than it should. Anyway, I reduced the pressure to 30 pounds, and it rides better. Unfortunately, this has not made any difference-one way or the other-in the very poor tire life I have experienced with this car. I got only 16,000 miles out of the original set of Goodyears, so I had them replaced with Michelins. It doesn't appear that I'm going to get any more than that out of these either. I am not a crazy driver, and I have never had another car that burned up tires so quickly. Anyone else had this problem? I'd appreciate any input or suggestions.

Several months ago, I checked my tires, and found that they had 35 pounds of air in them. I had thought that the car was riding more harshly than it should. Anyway, I reduced the pressure to 30 pounds, and it rides better. Unfortunately, this has not made any difference-one way or the other-in the very poor tire life I have experienced with this car. I got only 16,000 miles out of the original set of Goodyears, so I had them replaced with Michelins. It doesn't appear that I'm going to get any more than that out of these either. I am not a crazy driver, and I have never had another car that burned up tires so quickly. Anyone else had this problem? I'd appreciate any input or suggestions.

Well the Goodyears that come with this car are basically crap. My wife made about 25k on them but do to my neglect in checking them as I did not even imagine I would have to this early, I think we should have replaced closer to 20k. Anyways, we just got a set of Yokohama YK520. From the reviews I read people got ~50k out of them and still looking good. No more shaking, much quieter and smoother ride. Feels a lot more controlled as well. So far so good. Yes, they are about $40 more per tire comparing to the Goodyears but its money well spend.