Seattle Area Dealers.......

I have 3 friends thus far who have bought an IS in the seattle area in which there are 3 diff dealerships......two 250's and one 350. According to most web sites it seems that they overpaid especially when compared to the Cali prices. 1) One friend bought an IS250 fully loaded (navi + premium pack) for 37,000 + tax and liscence, the other bought hers w/ navi but no premium package for 37,000 grand as well. Is this about right??? Lexus is making a freaking killing off of these cars has anyone in seattle area got one for close to invoice?????

Future IS owner :

cs :cheers:

I have 3 friends thus far who have bought an IS in the seattle area in which there are 3 diff dealerships......two 250's and one 350. According to most web sites it seems that they overpaid especially when compared to the Cali prices. 1) One friend bought an IS250 fully loaded (navi + premium pack) for 37,000 + tax and liscence, the other bought hers w/ navi but no premium package for 37,000 grand as well. Is this about right??? Lexus is making a freaking killing off of these cars has anyone in seattle area got one for close to invoice?????

Future IS owner :

cs :cheers:

I am thinking the same way, out here in Portland, OR there is basically one 1 lexus dealer. They wanted msrp for what I wanted, since it will be special order. That bull**. I am thinking about going to Fife or seattle to find a better deal. Let me know how it goes in the washington side. thks

They will deal. I bought an IS250AWD from Lexus of Bellevue for invoice+$700+Lexus advertising fee. The final check including tax/license was a little over 35k.

They will tell you that they don't sell them for much under MSRP, but don't believe it.

My strategy was to string the purchase out for 6 weeks. Let them know you're kind of interested, but make sure they don't think you're eager to get one right away. Come in a few times to test drive/look at the car, but don't talk about detailed pricing.

Then call over the phone to talk about price at the end of the month. Tell them the price you want, and say that you want to come in and sign the papers the same day. Make sure you get clear agreement on the final price and whether there are additional paperwork/advertising/destination fees. Tell them that you know they have sold to others for less, and that you can get the deal from another local dealer - but you'll give the salesperson who worked with you the opportunity to get the sale.

Good luck.

I had the same experience. Here in Portland, we only have one Lexus dealer. I was in and ready to negotiate. But no negotiation happened. He gave me the MSRP and that's it.

IS250 with Mark Levinson/Navigation plus Luxury plus 18" package = $40,500.

He'd also have to add the difference between 07 and 08 prices when they know.

That was his bottom line. The invoice on this is about $35k.

He said this is the price if I want to special order the car.

hey jrob..i am actually going into lexus of bellevue tomorrow and see what i can negotiate..i am wanting an is350 with luxor package and nav..the msrp+ those features shows $45,177 i really need to talk it down.....when you guys mean invoice..do you guys mean dealers cost ?..

hey jrob..i am actually going into lexus of bellevue tomorrow and see what i can negotiate..i am wanting an is350 with luxor package and nav..the msrp+ those features shows $45,177 i really need to talk it down.....when you guys mean invoice..do you guys mean dealers cost ?..

I was in Lexus of Bellevue twice in the last couple of weeks. They seem unwilling to really negotiate. I am also looking for an IS350. What color are you looking for? I am working with a guy named Roy at Seattle Lexus and he seems helpful. They get the new dealer alottment today. Maybe we can leverage two cars. Email me at justinmayusa@hotmail.com if you want to consider this. I will be away from email most of the day but maybe we can communicate this evening.

Thanks

After going in a couple of times, I waited until the end of the month. I called in the evening on a weekday and offered invoice+500. I told them that was what I wanted to pay, and I would wait until the end of the year or go to another dealer if they couldn't do it. I also mentioned buying it through an Los Angeles area dealer and shipping it up here. LA seems to be where there is the most competition and lowest prices. They countered with invoice+900. I settled for invoice+700. When I went in, there was some lexus franchise/advertising fee (I think ~$500-$700) that was included in what they called invoice - which I wasn't aware of previously. Make sure you're clear on the final price before you go in. I made them show me some documentation of their invoice pricing just to make sure they weren't making it up.

I definitely recommend dealing with them over the phone. Keep discussions limited. They are professionals at negotiating, and I think they gain a big advantage by having you on site and seeing how you respond during discussions.

I expect Monday 7/30 is an ideal day to make the deal. There seems to be a general consensus that dealers are more willing to lower prices at the end of the month and midweek as opposed to weekends.

I contacted AAA broker and her quote for IS350 was $42,324.

This includes: Mark Levinson/Navigation system, Luxery package, XM radio, and rear spoiler.

I don't know if this is a good deal but it's better than $45,177 :)

But I'm still shopping. :)

I might want to try dealership in LA.

I contacted AAA broker and her quote for IS350 was $42,324.

This includes: Mark Levinson/Navigation system, Luxery package, XM radio, and rear spoiler.

I don't know if this is a good deal but it's better than $45,177 :)

But I'm still shopping. :)

I might want to try dealership in LA.

I paid invoice + $700 + $765 destination fee + some kind of dealer/advertising fee around $500 plus tax and license. It was for an IS250AWD with wheel locks, cargo net and trunk mat.

I had the same experience. Here in Portland, we only have one Lexus dealer. I was in and ready to negotiate. But no negotiation happened. He gave me the MSRP and that's it.

IS250 with Mark Levinson/Navigation plus Luxury plus 18" package = $40,500.

He'd also have to add the difference between 07 and 08 prices when they know.

That was his bottom line. The invoice on this is about $35k.

He said this is the price if I want to special order the car.

If you are still interested in getting one, would a dealer give a better deal if 2 people went in and said we both want a car, also if you wanna I am looking on taking road trip to eugene or tacoma, my get better deal. I am looking for is250 mt6 nav,pp,hid,xpack, but not paying msrp