06 Gs300 Smart Key Programming

I have a 06 GS300 I lost one of my Smart Keys. Lexus wants about 250.00 for a replacement. I found one (OEM same #'s) online for less. My ? is do I have to have dealer reprogram this Smart key or is there someplace out here that shows you how to do it yourself? The dealer whats to change to reprogram.

Thanks

JK

PS I was thinking I could just go the the dealer and tell them my extra key stopped working???

• 2 months later...
I have a 06 GS300 I lost one of my Smart Keys. Lexus wants about 250.00 for a replacement. I found one (OEM same #'s) online for less. My ? is do I have to have dealer reprogram this Smart key or is there someplace out here that shows you how to do it yourself? The dealer whats to change to reprogram.

Thanks

JK

PS I was thinking I could just go the the dealer and tell them my extra key stopped working???

Buy your key online and have them program it... You will need a Lexus scan tool to program the key, there is no alternate method that I am aware of. Most of the time, they will do it under warranty anyway.