Mpg Reading Reset

Hi all,

Just a newbie here saying hello to ya all ... also a quick question as I was trying to reset the MPG display on the MID screen, but it only reset the trip A/B milage, not the MPG reading. Can someone who has done this before shed some light on this? It's showing 26 MPG so far, is that normal? What about your readings so far?

Thx in advance ....

:cheers:

In my 07 RX400h, the trip A/B odometer resets by holding in the round button until it resets to zero. The larger rectangular button toggles between Trip A, Trip B, and the odometer. I reset the milage reading by pressing the reset button on the MID Consumption screen lower right corner, which I have done inadvertently at times.

My milage, calculated, milage/gas pumped has been 25 - 27 at each fillup, with an occasional 28-29mpg. The on board computer has differed from .5 to 2mpg from my calculated milage.

Stan

07 RX400h AWD

01 Z3 Roadster 3.0L

Hi all,

Just a newbie here saying hello to ya all ... also a quick question as I was trying to reset the MPG display on the MID screen, but it only reset the trip A/B milage, not the MPG reading. Can someone who has done this before shed some light on this? It's showing 26 MPG so far, is that normal? What about your readings so far?

Thx in advance ....

:cheers:

Mine is a 06 model (actually from my folks) and there is only one button to toggle between trip A/B and Odometer. I can hold down the button to reset trips, but not the MPG reading from the MID above the steering wheel. Any suggestions from the 06 gurus?

Stan, thanks anyway ... :)

Mine is a 06 model (actually from my folks) and there is only one button to toggle between trip A/B and Odometer. I can hold down the button to reset trips, but not the MPG reading from the MID above the steering wheel. Any suggestions from the 06 gurus?

Do you have a Navigation display on the console? - there is a 'reset' option under Info -> Trip Info -> Consumption > reset. This is what I have and it is way too easy to hit this reset by mistake.

And if you do not have a Navi display, then Section 1-3 in the manual says -

"Average fuel consumption is calculated and displayed based on total driving distance and total fuel consumption.

The calculation is reset by pushing and holding the “INFO” button for about about 1 second when the average fuel consumption is displayed."

Not sure if either apply to the MID you mention.

Do you have a Navigation display on the console? - there is a 'reset' option under Info -> Trip Info -> Consumption > reset. This is what I have and it is way too easy to hit this reset by mistake.

And if you do not have a Navi display, then Section 1-3 in the manual says -

"Average fuel consumption is calculated and displayed based on total driving distance and total fuel consumption.

The calculation is reset by pushing and holding the “INFO” button for about about 1 second when the average fuel consumption is displayed."

Not sure if either apply to the MID you mention.

Thanks neelratna & Stan. Both of you were right on about this one & I've reset my readings.