Do I Need Front Struts?

Hey guys,

I have a 1994 ES300. The car has gotten a little sloppy in the last few months going around cloverleafs, and on rough roads. The tires are nearly new and I replaced the rear struts a couple of years ago (they were totally shot). I also feel/hear a clunking sound from the driver's side front when I am on rough road. I believe this may be the strut mount or bearing or something way up there since all the bushings are ok and I do not see anything obviously wrong when I remove the wheel and poke around. There is no oil leaking from the strut. The 'bounce test' appears to show the struts are 'ok'.

If I do replace the struts, I think Tokico is the OEM manufacturer, correct? What is the general consensus on DIY replacement struts? The FSM says nothing at all about replacing the coil springs. I suppose those 'lifetime'.

Any suggestions?

Andy

Hey guys,

I also feel/hear a clunking sound from the driver's side front when I am on rough road. I believe this may be the strut mount or bearing or something way up there since all the bushings are ok and I do not see anything obviously wrong when I remove the wheel and poke around. There is no oil leaking from the strut. The 'bounce test' appears to show the struts are 'ok'.

If I do replace the struts, I think Tokico is the OEM manufacturer, correct? What is the general consensus on DIY replacement struts? The FSM says nothing at all about replacing the coil springs. I suppose those 'lifetime'.

Any suggestions?

Andy

i just replaced my front struts Monroe and lower ball joints because I felt/hear clunking sound on passenger side. Now I need tires? (Cooper?) But stay with OEM (KYB product) Problem did go away drives great but how long?