Interior Light 2008 Rx350

I own a 2008 Rx350.

I just noticed the other day under the dashboard there are two small ( about the size of an eraser on a pencil) amber lights. One under the drivers side and on under the passanger side both about in the middle of the undersection of the dashboard. You have to follow the light path to locate them. They provide ambient light in the floor are where your feet are. They come on when you open the car door(s) and go off when you close the doors. They also stay on when the headlights are on.

When I was checking the lights out I noticed the the light under the passangers was secured into place by a plastic or metal clip. The one on the drivers side did not have this clip assembly. There was a white styrofoam like material around this light but no retaining clip.

My question is does the drivers side suppose to have a clip asembly or is it designed without one. If anyone has this light set up please let me know. I want to save a long trip to the dealer for a minor question but if it is suppose to have this clip I can deal with it at my next sercvce interval.

• 3 weeks later...

the driver door is exactly same as the passenger side. However, on the passenger side, you can take the panel out and remove the clip with the LED light on. For the driver side, you can't. You have to fry it very hard and stick your hand in to remove the clip.

I have changed mine to become 2 Blue LED light now. I like the look of blue LED.

• 2 months later...
I just noticed the other day under the dashboard there are two small ( about the size of an eraser on a pencil) amber lights... They provide ambient light in the floor are where your feet are. They come on when you open the car door(s) and go off when you close the doors. They also stay on when the headlights are on...

Mine go off when the doors are closed. They do not stay on, or have anything to do with operation of the headlights..