Exhaust Questions

Hey guys,

I've gt a 94 Sc300 in great shape. I just pt some new wheels and rubber on her, and now I'm looking for the nest step. I'm looking to get a low mean sounding exhaust, but still for a reasonable price. I was wondering what ideas yall have, or what yall have done to your cars.

Also I live in Southlake, in the Dallas area near DFW, and I was wondering if you guys recomend any shops around here. I know some of yall ore from this area.

Thanks for the help!

-MJ

Blitz and A'pex single catback exhausts seem to be the most readily available and will definitely give you some extra volume. However, most such as myself do a complete custom built job straight from the Y-Pipe back. Mine was done by mechanic who had to replace a horrible botch job from the previous quack who worked on it. I highly recommend using the magnaflow catalytic converters and 2.25" piping all of the way back. Increased HP and Gas Mileage all in one. Pair that with either a K&N drop in air filter or the BFI Intake and you are talking about one loud and fast moving machine.

Blitz and A'pex single catback exhausts seem to be the most readily available and will definitely give you some extra volume. However, most such as myself do a complete custom built job straight from the Y-Pipe back. Mine was done by mechanic who had to replace a horrible botch job from the previous quack who worked on it. I highly recommend using the magnaflow catalytic converters and 2.25" piping all of the way back. Increased HP and Gas Mileage all in one. Pair that with either a K&N drop in air filter or the BFI Intake and you are talking about one loud and fast moving machine.

I agree completely, because that's what I did. The Magnaflow oval, off-set, hi-flow mufflers I installed fit the stock mounts, are nice and shiny, fit and look like sleeker OEMs and they sound GREAT! I also went with the drop in K&N filter, as well as seafoamed it to get the most out of her. Don't forget to remove the resonators just before the mufflers and if installing new 2.25" piping, have them straighten out as much as possible without getting in the way of your drive train. Finally, consider replacing your forward cats with Magnaflow hi-flow-rs. You won't be disappointed and if you buy the pieces yourself and have the piping done professionally you can easily do it all for ~$600 or less.

Have fun.