Does Your Gx Vibrate At Idle?

2005 GX470

First of all, happy July 4th!!!

Does your GX vibrate at idle?

Well, sometimes my 2005 GX470 (64K) will idle fine and smooth and then other times it will be a little rough. I can feel it through the steering wheel and the seat. The rough idle comes and goes. I did notice the RPM drops and increases back and forth. There's no pattern except when the engine is cold, the idle is almost always smooth. Does anyone think the Idle Control Valve might cause this? Thanks in advance with your comment......

I believe you answered your own question. The 'vibration' is caused by a drop in engine RPMs. It probably is brought on by the A/C cutting in and out.

Try warming up the engine with the climate control in the OFF position.

There should be an automatic compensation for that kind of thing.

I have no idea how it works or how it can be corrected. It probably is vacuum related.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, sometimes my 2005 GX470 (64K) will idle fine and smooth and then other times it will be a little rough. I can feel it through the steering wheel and the seat. The rough idle comes and goes. I did notice the RPM drops and increases back and forth. There's no pattern except when the engine is cold, the idle is almost always smooth. Does anyone think the Idle Control Valve might cause this? Thanks in advance with your comment......

Here is my response from my dealer regarding this issue. I documented the technician's notes as well: http://www.faqlexus.com/index.php?action=a...light=vibration

• 10 months later...

Yea, That's my experience too with my 08. You have to coax it to run smooth. It doesn't appear to be well engineered. I took it back to the dealer for this and they responded, "It's not that bad." I didn't buy a 50K car to have a car that's "not that bad."

SH