Does The Stop Leak 134a Really Work?

hey guys, My car has a frion leak somewhere or another, and i saw the stop leak 134a the other day, does that really stop leaks?

plz help me out

thanks lot for you guys

dont knowwhat i would do with out ya

i guess burn up lke i have been

lmao :chairshot:

• 2 weeks later...
ANYONE OUT THERE?

lol

The a/c sealant worked in my 92. the chances of it working depend on the type of leak. if you have a hole in your evaporator, condensor, dryer or in one of the lines it likely wont. if the leak is at a coupler joint and is caused by a dry seal then it likely will work. the best thing to do is have all accessible seals replaced with fresh ones also make sure that the orifice valves are in good condition .

• Like 1

hey,

Thanks for the reply,

i think mine is around the condensor, either the condensor it self or the gasket of the condensor.

If you can see the joint thats leaking and simply replace the O rings, thats much cheaper then adding a can of stop leak. good luck with the A/C : )

• 3 months later...
hey,

Thanks for the reply,

i think mine is around the condensor, either the condensor it self or the gasket of the condensor.

If you can see the joint thats leaking and simply replace the O rings, thats much cheaper then adding a can of stop leak. good luck with the A/C : )

I watched a Ac tech check for leaks. He put a red dye into the sustem Seemed to be made just for the pupose)

then ran the AC system and sure enough the dye exposed the leaks.