Bluetooth Problems

I have a 2007 RX 400h. Whenever I receive a phone call from someone's cell phone it shows up on my navigation screen as "Ingrid - cell", which is the tag I have for my wife's number and which is programmed in as the #1 spot on my car's speed dial system. The problem is that the person calling is usually not my wife - it is a friend, a colleague, a parent, etc. calling from their phone.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? Any ideas/suggestions?

i dont know which dealer in seattle you purchased your vehicle from but two of them owned by the same corporation maintain a dedicated technology guy to help with this kind of problem. If you cannot find him through your dealer feel free to e mail me katzjamr@earthlink.net. The only other thing i can think if is to sync another phone to your lexus system and see if the incoming calls display the same, that way you can see if its a phone problem or a lexus bluetooth issue. good luck.

Bluetooth is only a standardized protocol and most of the bugs and glitches is 99% phone related... in that it is not truelly 100% Lexus compatible. I would focus the issue on getting the phone to work with the Lexus Bluetooth vs the other way around. Try another phone, but better yet, erase speed dial memmory one and try it again.

I have had the Motorola Razer (GSM) on my Lexus and it had decent hands free and so-so compatibility (signal strenth yes, Battery no, and zero phone book transferability). This had name and number display, very cool.

The LG chocolate (CDMA) was horrible. Horrible on every front. Oh, it connected h/f but was futile, everyone and I mean EVERYONE complained about not hearing what it was I was saying. Also zero signal or battery indicator as well, but it could transfer names and numbers like a !Removed! LOL.

The Blackberry (CDMA) is awesome in terms of h/f mode, everyone freaks out when I tell them I am on handsfree. Signal strenth yes and but no capability to transfer phonebook.

Also, none of the CDMA phones I have had have been ever been capable of showing name or number on the display. Sucks.

Cheers,

MadloR

Jim Nazium wrote =

The Blackberry (CDMA) is awesome in terms of h/f mode, everyone freaks out when I tell them I am on handsfree. Signal strenth yes and but no capability to transfer phonebook.

I'm probably stuck with my Sprint/ Nextel contract, so I guess it's looking like maybe a Samsung for me. Anybody here really, really happy with their Bluetooth phone? Or the LG. CR kinda likes the LG and/or two of the Samsungs from Sprint.

• 1 month later...

anyone had electrical interference on their bluetooth h/f connection. I had a motorola phone (L2) and the dealer told me that his non motorola phone worked fine. I just changd to a samsung blackjack and that seems to have improve a little, but people still say that it is like a bolt of lightning is zapping them at times. I think it is when the battery is getting charged from the engine (car battery not phone) and the EMF's are not shielded

Also people describe it as sounding underwater... my other friends have lexus cars (non hybrid) and have clear as a bell sound..

Anyone help please?

R

• 15 years later...

I have a 2007 Lexus ES 350 and I am having trouble getting a Bluetooth connection with my iPhone SE. getting a connection sometimes, but is very irregular. Is there a known problem with the Bluetooth technology in this vehicle?