Lexuses350

swami_lexus

Hello All

My wife and I are in the process of negotiating a deal for 07 ES350.

The model we are interested in has:

Naviagation

Premium Plus package

Full size spare tire

Intuitive parking assist

High energy headlamps

Wood/leather stearing wheel and power rear sunshade.

My consumer reports bottom line price $35,594 and the dealer is quoting me $37,146. Their number includes Advertising fees($502) , dealer holdback ($669) and wholesale financial reserve ($334)

I have two questions:

- Is the $37146 reasonable?

- Can we negotiate on the Advertising, holdback and financial reserve? The advertising charges and financial reserve charges dont sound fair....

Help is appreciated :)

I'm no expert on the ES350, but that package sounds like the one that would normally cost $41,800 MSRP, so it looks like a good deal.

Is it just me, or are the ES350s routinely being sold at $4-5k below MSRP? I test drove a Premium Plus ES350 the other day, and the dealer said he could get me an Ultra Luxury for under the MSRP of the Premium Plus.

I purchased my ES340 in Arizona twelve days ago. The three dealerships in the county in which I live were within dollars of each other. Thus, even though the price I paid might be higher than other parts of the country, it is the going rate here.

This is the breakdown of charges:

MSRP $33,4

Rear Seat Side Airbags $250

Full Size Spare $$205

HID Headlamps w/AFS $815

Power Rear Sunshade $210

Navigation System $2,650

Wood & Leather Steering Wheel $330

Trunk mat, Cargo net, Wheel Locks $197

Delivery, processing and handling fee $715

Total paid $41,822

Also, FYI, they gave me KBB price for my trade-in.

post-43353-1183393775_thumb.jpg

Drakul

Thanks for the reply. I think the Lexus dealers know that the buyers have done their homework. And they are positioning themselves so that there is not much haggling involved.

Even with below MSRP, I am sure these guys are making a sweet pot of $$$$.

If you have not already done so, please Checkout the consumer reports Bottom Line Price feature. Costs $39 for a 3 month subscription but worth it.

Swami

Shepsan

Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to know what you thought abt the Navigation touchscreen lockout while driving?

Is it a nuisance or is it something you are unhappy about?

swami

I understand the thinking behind this prohibition but I believe myself capable of operating it while I am driving. I generlaly use the the voice recognition anyway. However, the process is sometimes tedious because one must use precise English diction and even then, incorrect numers or names are "heard" and executed by the system. When this happens, I have to cancel out the command and begin again.

To be fair, I must say that the recognition in the ES350 is no worse than those in my former RL or M45.

Hi Shep

Thanks again. Your car looks gorgeous :))))

Did you negotiate dealer holdback or advertising fees? How is the transmission - I have seen some complaints about the ES350 transmission....

Are you enjoying the new ES?

Hi Shep

Thanks again. Your car looks gorgeous :))))

Did you negotiate dealer holdback or advertising fees? How is the transmission - I have seen some complaints about the ES350 transmission....

Are you enjoying the new ES?

I did not negotiate a holdback or advertising fee.

During the brief time I have had the car, it has performed as expected. The ambiance of the car exceeds my expecatons and can only be enjoyed after driving the car for a number of day. It truly is a beautiful automobile.

In the past, I have owned cars that were more expensive cars. Many were more powerful with larger engines. Some were even considered to be performance oriented. Nevertheless, I find that this ES really fits me well. It has the features I enjoy in a car, is luxuriously appointed and is a quiet driving car.

I also really like its interior and exterior dimensions. So, all in all, I am quite satisfied to own and drive it.

post-43353-1183398355_thumb.jpg

During the brief time I have had the car, it has performed as expected. The ambiance of the car exceeds my expecatons and can only be enjoyed after driving the car for a number of day. It truly is a beautiful automobile.

In the past, I have owned cars that were more expensive cars. Many were more powerful with larger engines. Some were even considered to be performance oriented. Nevertheless, I find that this ES really fits me well. It has the features I enjoy in a car, is luxuriously appointed and is a quiet driving car.

I also really like its interior and exterior dimensions. So, all in all, I am quite satisfied to own and drive it.

Great looking car....enjoy it.

I know what you mean about the car fitting you well, because this past weekend I was driving my neighbors brand new LS460L and I felt like I was a chauffeur, more than a plain ole driver. In the past, I've also owned these large "horse type" cars, but now the ES fits my passengers and myself like a fine fitting glove. I can count the times that I have rear seat passengers on one hand....but of course there will always be those types that like to impress, like Hummer owners. LOL

Guyyyyyyyyys

We just closed on the deal. We are buying a car with 11 miles on it and we ended up paying $37500... A little more than what I wanted to pay but hey.... its a lexus.

Am I being naive?

We are getting the car at 7.00 P.M. today.

We are so excited.

swami

Guyyyyyyyyys

We just closed on the deal. We are buying a car with 11 miles on it and we ended up paying $37500... A little more than what I wanted to pay but hey.... its a lexus.

Am I being naive?

We are getting the car at 7.00 P.M. today.

We are so excited.

swami

Congratulations swami. I wish you and your wife many years of enjoyable and safe driving with your new Lexus.

Hello All

My wife and I are in the process of negotiating a deal for 07 ES350.

The model we are interested in has:

Naviagation

Premium Plus package

Full size spare tire

Intuitive parking assist

High energy headlamps

Wood/leather stearing wheel and power rear sunshade.

My consumer reports bottom line price $35,594 and the dealer is quoting me $37,146. Their number includes Advertising fees($502) , dealer holdback ($669) and wholesale financial reserve ($334)

I have two questions:

- Is the $37146 reasonable?

- Can we negotiate on the Advertising, holdback and financial reserve? The advertising charges and financial reserve charges dont sound fair....

Help is appreciated :)

Need Consumer Report pricing details for 2007 ES350 Premium Pkg w/navigation. Received my first price on a car used during an official event. The car will be sold as new with less than 400miles untiled. MSRP of $41,322 plus taxes, tag and doc fees, with a price $37,650 plus taxes, tag and doc fees.

If Lexus approved the use of the cars and turned them over to the dealer what kind of incentive does the dealer get from Lexus? Does this sound like a good deal and what should I expect to see for the Doc fees? From other listings out the door prices have been reported less than the offered price on a new unit. Thanks for the feedback.