Power Steering Pump

Can anyone tell me the torque specs for the power steering pump mounting bolts and main connection? Thanks!

29lbs for bolts, 32 for the nut that you go through the pully to remove, and 36 for the pressure hose connection. install in that order too, bolts, nut, hose. I don't think I installed mine in that order, but that's what the FSM says. Actually, I just attached it.

powerste.pdf

Thanks for the information, that is great! I just removed the intake duct and AFM to get a better look at the power steering pump. Access sure is tight in there. Did you use a particular kind of wrench to remove the pressure hose connection, and did you break the connection before you removed the pump? I am not sure I have the right tool to get to that connection with the pump still mounted. Thanks again for the help, I am used to working on my '91 Miata, the Lexus is quite a different animal (and a fantastic car).

It's a tight fit, everything is most accessible from under the car I found. Need a 22mm open end/eye-end wrench for that pressure line. A socket won't fit. I took all the mounting bolts/nut off before removing that line, be ready to catch some fluid if it hasn't yet been drained. I removed the pump from underneath the car if I remember correctly, but another thing is, I already had the alternator removed, and that may be a problem for you if your's isn't removed. It might be worth while to remove it, it's not too hard. I didn't take any air intake parts off either, which made disconnecting the hose above pretty difficult.

Yeah I didn't even try it with the alternator still in, i let mine leak long enough that it killed the alternator, and I had to change both at the same time. After I took the alternator out, it made sense to change the pump before putting the new one in, because for one, you're likely to get tranny fluid all over the good alternator.