Rx300 Factory Tow Hitch Ball Mount

NewportLori

Does anyone know the part number for the ball mount for the factory installed towing hitch on the 1999 RX300?

I have the factory tow package on my 1999 RX300 which included everything but the mount and ball.

I bought a Reese 2X2 ball mount on eBay but the shaft is way too long. Toyota ball mounts are sold on eBay but I don't know if either of the models being sold will fit my hitch.

Do either PT228-89445 or PT228-89340 fit?

I'm not planning on towing anything heavy - just renting a small U-Haul trailer to move some items.

The length of a ball mount depends on what you're hauling, but the standard length is around 8" or 9" long with a 2" drop. Draw bars are typically universal for Class III hitches like what is on your RX. I like the Hidden Hitch brand - a heavy duty finish that will hold up longer than a painted surface (like Reese or Draw Tite). You'll also need a hitch pin to secure your draw bar to your hitch. Look for a stainless steel locking hitch pin for a Class III hitch.

http://stores.ebay.com/getahitchnow_Ball-M...3QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Ebay item# 330142203701 is a hitch pin if you don't have one yet.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info Rya. It turns out that the ball mount I bought does fit -- it's just very hard to get in and out.

I wish I would have purchased the Hidden Hitch brand you recommend as I can see that the black painted finish on my Resse is going to get very scratched up if used very often.

Lori

Thanks for the info Rya. It turns out that the ball mount I bought does fit. it's just very hard to get in and out.

I wish I would have purchased the Hidden Hitch brand you recommend as I can see that the black painted finish on my Resse is going to get very scratched up if used very often.

Hey Lori! They all kinda get scratched after a while, but if you have something slippery to put on the end, it will be easier to use. At least it's just for towing & not for looks. Happy towing! :D