Steel Wool-ing Chrome Wheel

iamkhanz

Hey guys wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on how I can machine finish some chromed wheels. I have talked to various wheel shops not to many want to do it and if they do they want to charge like $400 bucks a wheel! Granted I paid more then that for the wheels I'd like to pay more like 400 bucks or so to get this done. Any ideas from anyone on here? These wheels are brand new and not been installed yet. I like the Chrome LIP just don't like the chrome centers as it make it too much chrome in my eyes. I have a GS3 cherryblack

wow no responses at all? No one has tried this or knows anything abou tthis? couldn't be come on guys don't be shy..lol

Steelwool would be the way to do it, but getting a decent looking result will be VERY VERY difficult. If you were thinking about attempting I would get a scrap piece of metal, polish it up and then practice with the SW. You probably will not be happy.