Option Packages

????????????????????????????

Could you be more specific as to what the differences are so I determine what differences you are talking about

The Lexus site shows one large option package for around $6000, not Inc. NAV.

DVD or Levinson.

The other sites show the packages segmented. Probably best if you look at Lexus.Com and one of the others to see where I am coming from.

I checked and found the Lexus and Edmunds to be almost exactly the same (they had a mistake on the laser cruise and showed invoice instead of MSRP). I don't know what you are talking about with the $6,000 option but Lexus doesn't have one for the RX400H model (this is the RX400H section of the forum so I assume you are talking about the RX400H). Maybe you are looking at options on a different car.

RX 400h AWDRX 400h AWD RX 400h FWD

RXh 400h AWDBase MSRP: $42,580 [1]Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee: $715 [2] Premium Package - Luxury Value Edition $1,245 [3]

Leather-trimmed interior

Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column

Lexus Memory System to control power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel

Illuminated entry system

Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade

Roof rack with rails [4]

(Total MSRP value of options $2,145 [3])

Premium Plus Package - Luxury Value Edition $2,060 [3]

Leather-trimmed interior

Lexus Memory System to control power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel

Illuminated entry system

Roof rack with rails [4]

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling

(Total MSRP value of options $2,960 [3])

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package $4,130 [3]

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [5] with backup camera [6] and Bluetooth® technology [7]

Mark Levinson® 11-speaker 210-watt @ 0.1% THD [8] Premium Audio System [9] with in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer featuring DVD-audio and DVD-video playback

Options and Accessories

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [5] with backup camera [6] and Bluetooth® technology [7] $2,650 [3]

Lexus DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES) - (includes two pairs of wireless headphones [10]) $1,840 [3]

Mark Levinson® 11-speaker, 210-watt @ 0.1% THD [8] Premium Audio System [9] with in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer $980 [3]

High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) $815 [3]

Heated front seats with rain-sensing wipers $665 [3]

18 x 7.0-in alloy wheels with 235/55VR18 all-season tires $495 [3]

Dynamic Laser Cruise Control [11] $480 [3]

Tow-hitch receiver with ball mount [12] $415 [3]

Towing Prep Package [12] $160 [3]

All-weather floor mats $99 [3]

Cargo tray $99 [3]

Cargo mat $92 [3]

Wheel locks $69 [3]

Cargo net $59 [3]

Ashtray/lighter kit *

Car cover *

Front-end mask *

Leather care kit *

Mudguards *

Roof rack attachment [4] - bike rack *

Roof rack attachment [4] - ski/snowboard rack *

Touch-up paint *

Towing equipment - ball mount [12] *

Towing equipment - tow-hitch receiver [12] *

Towing equipment - trailer ball [12] *

Window sticker - Lexus Hybrid Drive *

Wireless headphones [10] *

XM Satellite Radio [13] *

I checked and found the Lexus and Edmunds to be almost exactly the same (they had a mistake on the laser cruise and showed invoice instead of MSRP). I don't know what you are talking about with the $6,000 option but Lexus doesn't have one for the RX400H model (this is the RX400H section of the forum so I assume you are talking about the RX400H). Maybe you are looking at options on a different car.

RX 400h AWDRX 400h AWD RX 400h FWD

RXh 400h AWDBase MSRP: $42,580 [1]Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee: $715 [2] Premium Package - Luxury Value Edition $1,245 [3]

Leather-trimmed interior

Illuminated entry system

Roof rack with rails [4]

(Total MSRP value of options $2,145 [3])

Premium Plus Package - Luxury Value Edition $2,060 [3]

Leather-trimmed interior

Illuminated entry system

Roof rack with rails [4]

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with dynamic auto-leveling

(Total MSRP value of options $2,960 [3])

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package $4,130 [3]

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [5] with backup camera [6] and Bluetooth® technology [7]

Mark Levinson® 11-speaker 210-watt @ 0.1% THD [8] Premium Audio System [9] with in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer featuring DVD-audio and DVD-video playback

Options and Accessories

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System [5] with backup camera [6] and Bluetooth® technology [7] $2,650 [3]

Lexus DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES) - (includes two pairs of wireless headphones [10]) $1,840 [3]

Mark Levinson® 11-speaker, 210-watt @ 0.1% THD [8] Premium Audio System [9] with in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer $980 [3]

High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) $815 [3]

Heated front seats with rain-sensing wipers $665 [3]

18 x 7.0-in alloy wheels with 235/55VR18 all-season tires $495 [3]

Dynamic Laser Cruise Control [11] $480 [3]

Tow-hitch receiver with ball mount [12] $415 [3]

Towing Prep Package [12] $160 [3]

All-weather floor mats $99 [3]

Cargo tray $99 [3]

Cargo mat $92 [3]

Wheel locks $69 [3]

Cargo net $59 [3]

Ashtray/lighter kit *

Car cover *

Front-end mask *

Leather care kit *

Mudguards *

Roof rack attachment [4] - bike rack *

Roof rack attachment [4] - ski/snowboard rack *

Touch-up paint *

Towing equipment - ball mount [12] *

Towing equipment - tow-hitch receiver [12] *

Towing equipment - trailer ball [12] *

Window sticker - Lexus Hybrid Drive *

Wireless headphones [10] *

XM Satellite Radio [13] *

I just double checked the Lexus site for the RX400H and it showed under options only

"Lexus Premiere Plus Package Luxury Value

Edition With Added Options".

To solve the mystery I called Lexux HQ and they explained that option packages vary

according to where you live. You live in NY

and I in FL, hence the difference,

• 2 weeks later...
I am noticing that the option packages for the RX400H described on Edmunds, KBB and

NADA are different than those shown on the

Lexus website itself. Anyone know why the

discrepancy?

As I understand it, the Lexus dealers all across the country are divided into zones and each zone jointly decides which combinations of options they want to offer for the inventory cars for every dealer within the zone. If you plug in zip codes from different areas of the country on the "build it" page of the Lexus website you'll see that different packages are offered in different states. I guess the theory behind that is, for example, heated seats might be an important option in Maine but not at all important in Arizona. I think that the options you see listed on Edmunds, etc. are all the choices available at the factory. You can ask a dealer to order a car from the factory to your specifications if you are willing to wait for it to be built and shipped from Japan. Don't be surprised if the dealer strongly attempts to steer you into buying something out of his inventory instead. I ordered my last Lexus exactly as I wanted it and actually got it somewhat faster than they told me it would take. I will buy my next one the same way as I was very happy with the result.