Air Bag Light Stays On ...2007 400h

It probably didn't help that your dealership didn't communicate with you as much as you would have like, but I can only go with what we did. As I mentioned we had the same problem with one of our customers. We put our lead diagnostic technician on it, and it also took some time to fix, but communication was a little better. The customer was actually in communication with the technician himself who explained what was going on with the vehicle and why and what the next steps were.

Good luck.

Gordon, I'm new here at this forum, and I'd like to offer one big "thank you" for taking the time to post here. It's great to have somebody from 'the other side' who is willing to share his knowledge with us. :) Communication is definitely the better way to go -- for everybody concerned.

Here is the latest on the my Saga....

I called the dealership on Friday (June 15) and this is what I got.

Me: What is the status on the Car?

Dealership: The driver's seat is on back order. It will be available (the seat) at the end of the month.

Me: We have asked for a buy-back. Why are you still fixing the car?

Dealership: Just because you have asked for a buy-back does not mean Lexus has to do it. The car has to be fixed.

Me: (upset)

Dealership: By the way your service and sales paperwork has been sent to Lexus Corporate and Legal.

Me: (Confused - My understanding from my conversation with Lexus Customer Service rep couple of weeks ago was this was a regional center issue and Corporate would no longer be involved)

Me: Thanks for the status!!!

Saturday June 16...called Lexus Customer Service. Here's the gist of the conversation

This is our last attempt to get a fair resolution on this issue before we bring some legal action against your company. We have been extremely patient with you and your dealership and all we have is unresponsiveness and confusing processes to deal with. so on and so forth....

The call was escalated to the headquarters and we have been promised that somebodywho has been assigned to our case would contact us in 2 business days. ...Stay Tuned!!!!!

Update ..June 20

We got a call back from Lexus yesterday as promised within 2 business days. He left us a message wanting to discuss about the car. We got in touch with them this morning and this is what we have been told. The buy back program is in progress. They will fax us the details soon. We have not received any fax so far but I am now hopeful that it will be there in a day or two. Also they indicated that this process will take about 4-6 weeks.

I have never been in a buy-back situation so I am eagerly awaiting the details. I will update this post as soon as I know more.

Update - August 1...

We received a letter from Lexus on June 25 stating that they were looking into out buy-back request and asked for all the usual paperwork - service, sales docs, etc. They also indicated that the process takes about 4 to 6 weeks. No news yet on that front.

In the meantime the service manager from the dealership called and said our car was 'fixed'. After going back and forth with the dealership and Lexus Corporate we decided to go and pick up our 'fixed' car. The Lexus corporate insisting that our car being fixed had nothing to do with the decision on the buy-back.

Once at the dealership we discussed with the sales manager there and the decision was reached that there was no guarantee that the car is indeed fixed and that we would all wait for Lexus's decision. We are still driving the courstey car and hoping this will all be resolved with a brand new car..............

• 2 months later...