Question About Clips In The Trunk

I've had the 06 IS 250AWD for a year now and just noticed the other day that there are 2 clips, the same as the 2 the trunk net clips onto, right in the middle of the the trunk on both sides. Does anyone know what these 2 additional clips are used for. I thought maybe it was so you could put the net in the middle of the trunk, but there aren't any clips to latch it to the top. These 2 are in addition to the other 2 that are in the normal positions. Thanks for helping with my curiosity.

Joe

I've had the 06 IS 250AWD for a year now and just noticed the other day that there are 2 clips, the same as the 2 the trunk net clips onto, right in the middle of the the trunk on both sides. Does anyone know what these 2 additional clips are used for. I thought maybe it was so you could put the net in the middle of the trunk, but there aren't any clips to latch it to the top. These 2 are in addition to the other 2 that are in the normal positions. Thanks for helping with my curiosity.

Joe

On the trunk floor there are tie down loops. You can hook bungee cords into them and the ones that the net hooks to to hold down objects in the trunk. If you look/feel in the top of the trunk there are two more hooks that are there to hang things like plastic bags of groceries etc to keep them from rolling around.