Thule Cargo Box?

AdamIsAdam

Has anyone tried to put a Thule cargo box up top? I just did and in order for the rear tailgate to open, the box needs to be too far foward, giving it the baseball hat look. Thule suggested I buy their "feet" that attach to the rails. This way I can attach them a bit more forward than our crossrails are currently, and it'll also lift it 3".

I did a search but didn't see any topics on this.

Anyone?

Has anyone tried to put a Thule cargo box up top? I just did and in order for the rear tailgate to open, the box needs to be too far foward, giving it the baseball hat look. Thule suggested I buy their "feet" that attach to the rails. This way I can attach them a bit more forward than our crossrails are currently, and it'll also lift it 3".

I did a search but didn't see any topics on this.

Anyone?

In 2002, I purchased a Thule Evolution 1600 cargo box for my 2000 RX300 and regularly use it for winter ski/snowboarding and summer backpacking trips. I don't like to place the cargo box too far up front because of wind noise so I'll initally place the box on top of the rack loosely, open the rear tailgate and adjust the box so I'm comfortable with the position of the box while allowing the tailgate to open 90% of the way. The Thule box is one of the best investments I made.