Sat-nav And Tinting

When I collected my IS250 (we don't get the 350 in Australia :cries: ) from the dealer I asked about tinting. They said not to use metallic as it could upset the sat-nav as the pickup is in the rear parcel shelf. They weren't too happy with tinting in general.

I have since contacted the Australian Lexus distributor and was told "the Sat Nav pickup aerial is located at the top/back of dash between the glove box and Navigation Unit"

This would mean using metallic tint (which I prefer) would have no effect on the sat-nav, if it does then I would need to opt for the dyed tint instead.

Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyones sat-nav had problems due to tinting?

Thanks

Thanks

Most of what I'm getting is too forget the metallic tints.

I've not heard of ceramic tints. What is their advantage over dye tints?

Dye tints have a shorter life span and can fade or turn purple over time.

Some higher end dye tints do offer anti-fade warranties, usually 5 yr.

Ceramic tints have a life which is longer than your car's, offers incredible heat deflection, and will never fade.

Most tinted windows in store fronts are ceramic tint now.

It's a slightly thicker film, but it's definitely the way to go with car tint right now.

I've heard very good things about Huper Optik ceramic tint.

Thanks

Most of what I'm getting is too forget the metallic tints.

I've not heard of ceramic tints. What is their advantage over dye tints?

I have Lumar metallic tint on the sides and rear and haven't experienced any problems at all with either key entry, radio reception, mobile phone signal strength or satellite navigation, and I think if there was a problem we would of heard from many of the members on this forum that have the 'metallic' film.

Thanks Tango

That's probably what I wanted to hear. I think I'll try the metallic, it's what I've had previously and have been very happy with. If it's a problem it can always be changed.

Thanks Tango

That's probably what I wanted to hear. I think I'll try the metallic, it's what I've had previously and have been very happy with. If it's a problem it can always be changed.

Hey, no probs..come and visit us on the pom LOC forum some time...:cheers:

• 2 months later...