Crap Service At Pohanka (northern Va)

I just wanted to share my BAD experience with the service I received at Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA a couple weeks ago.

I brought my RX300 for a 60k service and they did all the fluid refills and a bunch of other things that they said they did. Along with that, they said that they checked my AC, not sure what they did, but they said that I need a new filter for the passenger compartment. A week later, the weather was warm and I turned on my AC and only the driver's side vents have cold air. No cold air come out of any of the passenger side vents. So I called them back and asked about what they checked for my AC when they did the 60k service (which cost me $736), they said they checked the filter. I asked them did they check to see if there was any problem w/my AC and they said they would only check if I had pointed that out to them. So I agreed to bring in the car to have them check the AC, which would cost me $110. I agreed to have them check the AC w/the emphasis that if they find something, I want them to confirm with me before they fix anything. They said my car was low on freon so they flushed and refilled it without ever calling me. They then called me to say my car was ready and told me that they refilled the freon and my bill was $250. I told them that I wasn't going to pay for that freon refill b/c I didn't authorize it. After some argument, they agreed to remove that cost from the bill. When my wife went to pick it up, they charged $8 for the freon disposal, which the total bill was $124+, instead of $110.

I was so ticked off that I called to complain to the service manager for the crappy service that I got. I told him the whole story and his first reply was "we charged you $110, which should've been $180". And I told him that why am I being charged the $8 for their stupid mistake of not calling me to get my permission to refill the freon ? He said that "I got the $150 service for free, what else do I want ?". I could've refill the freon for $30 by buying a $15 kit and two $7 freon cans. They basically ripping people off for the $150 freon refill.

I later had a conversation with the service consultant who wrote up my service order for the 60k service, he said he was going to talk to the consultant who wrote up my AC service and call me back. Guess what, he never did.

I own a RX300 and an IS300, I never had a bad service from any of the other dealerships. The other dealerships always try to discuss with you on the problems and be very professional. Pohanka service really need to go back to Lexus school (service manager and their consultants) and learn how to treat its customers. This is the first time that I got a really bad service from a Lexus dealership.

If I ever have a problem with any of my cars, I would never bring them to Pohanka.

I understand that many of you may have gone to Pohanka to service your cars, and you may have good/pleasant experiences. But I just want to share my bad experience so that you can see the other side of that dealership.

ADDITIONAL:

One important thing that I forgot to mention was after they refilled the freon and added the green dye, there was a leak in my AC system which they didn't catch. After I got the car home, I can see the green liquid leaking out from one of the pipes. From the bad service to bad diagnostic, I just had it with these guys.

• 8 months later...
I just wanted to share my BAD experience with the service I received at Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA a couple weeks ago.

I brought my RX300 for a 60k service and they did all the fluid refills and a bunch of other things that they said they did. Along with that, they said that they checked my AC, not sure what they did, but they said that I need a new filter for the passenger compartment. A week later, the weather was warm and I turned on my AC and only the driver's side vents have cold air. No cold air come out of any of the passenger side vents. So I called them back and asked about what they checked for my AC when they did the 60k service (which cost me $736), they said they checked the filter. I asked them did they check to see if there was any problem w/my AC and they said they would only check if I had pointed that out to them. So I agreed to bring in the car to have them check the AC, which would cost me $110. I agreed to have them check the AC w/the emphasis that if they find something, I want them to confirm with me before they fix anything. They said my car was low on freon so they flushed and refilled it without ever calling me. They then called me to say my car was ready and told me that they refilled the freon and my bill was $250. I told them that I wasn't going to pay for that freon refill b/c I didn't authorize it. After some argument, they agreed to remove that cost from the bill. When my wife went to pick it up, they charged $8 for the freon disposal, which the total bill was $124+, instead of $110.

I was so ticked off that I called to complain to the service manager for the crappy service that I got. I told him the whole story and his first reply was "we charged you $110, which should've been $180". And I told him that why am I being charged the $8 for their stupid mistake of not calling me to get my permission to refill the freon ? He said that "I got the $150 service for free, what else do I want ?". I could've refill the freon for $30 by buying a $15 kit and two $7 freon cans. They basically ripping people off for the $150 freon refill.

I later had a conversation with the service consultant who wrote up my service order for the 60k service, he said he was going to talk to the consultant who wrote up my AC service and call me back. Guess what, he never did.

I own a RX300 and an IS300, I never had a bad service from any of the other dealerships. The other dealerships always try to discuss with you on the problems and be very professional. Pohanka service really need to go back to Lexus school (service manager and their consultants) and learn how to treat its customers. This is the first time that I got a really bad service from a Lexus dealership.

If I ever have a problem with any of my cars, I would never bring them to Pohanka.

I understand that many of you may have gone to Pohanka to service your cars, and you may have good/pleasant experiences. But I just want to share my bad experience so that you can see the other side of that dealership.

ADDITIONAL:

One important thing that I forgot to mention was after they refilled the freon and added the green dye, there was a leak in my AC system which they didn't catch. After I got the car home, I can see the green liquid leaking out from one of the pipes. From the bad service to bad diagnostic, I just had it with these guys.

I used to go to Pohanka myself, but have been robbed by them so many times, I stopped going. Beside charging me so much, their service is horrible. I got a GS400 and thank God I found a local Lexus shop near my house in Chantilly. They got a nice shop, great price, but the main thing is they provide great service. Here is their link if anyone is interested www.americanautotech.com

Tony

I've never been to Pohanka's service department, but their sales department turned me off so much I never would.

If you can stand the drive take it to Rockville and ask for Tony, tell him Steve Withrow sent you ;)